How to Fix a PS4 That Won’t Take, Read, or Eject a Disc
If you’re a PS4 owner, you may have faced issues with your console not taking, reading, or ejecting discs. Disc-related issues can prevent you from playing your favorite games or watching your favorite movies, causing frustration and inconvenience.
Here are some steps you can take to fix a PS4 that won’t take, read, or eject a disc:
1. Check the disc
The first step is to check if the disc is clean and free from any scratches or damages. Wipe the disc using a soft cloth or a microfiber cloth. Avoid using abrasive materials that can damage the disc’s surface.
2. Restart the console
Try restarting your PS4 to see if it resolves the issue. Press and hold the PS button on the controller and select “Turn off PS4.” After the console powers off, disconnect the power cable from the console and wait for a couple of minutes. Reconnect the power cable and turn the console back on.
3. Manually eject the disc
If the disc is stuck in the console, you can manually eject it by following these steps:
– Turn off the PS4 completely by pressing and holding the power button for 7 seconds until it beeps twice
– Disconnect the power cable and any other cables from the back of the console.
– Locate the manual eject screw near the left side of the disc drive.
– Use a Phillips screwdriver to turn the screw counterclockwise until the disc is ejected.
4. Clear the cache
Clearing the PS4 cache can sometimes fix issues related to disc reading. Here’s how you can do it:
– Turn off the PS4 completely.
– Press and hold the power button for 7 seconds until you hear two beeps.
– Connect the DualShock 4 controller with a USB cable and press the PS button.
– Select “Rebuild Database” from the Safe Mode menu that appears.
– Wait for the process to complete.
5. Update the firmware
Make sure your PS4 firmware is up to date. Navigate to “Settings” > “System Software Update” and select “Update Now.”
6. Contact PlayStation support
If none of the above steps work, your PS4 may be experiencing a hardware issue. Contact PlayStation support for guidance on how to proceed.
In conclusion, issues with discs can occur in gaming consoles such as the PS4. Following the steps mentioned above, you can resolve most of the issues related to the disc on your PS4. If none of these work, it might be time to take your console to a professional or seek support from the PlayStation team.