How to Dial an Extension on iPhone and Android
When it comes to making calls on your smartphone, dialing an extension can sometimes be a bit confusing. Luckily, both iPhone and Android devices have simple ways to dial extensions easily. In this article, we’ll cover the steps to dial an extension on iPhone and Android.
How to Dial an Extension on iPhone:
1. Start by dialing the main phone number you want to reach, including the area code. Once the call goes through, you will be connected to the business or person you are trying to reach.
2. Next, when the automated answering system prompts you to enter an extension number, tap on the “Keypad” button on the iPhone screen.
3. Enter the extension number on the keypad.
4. Finally, tap the “Call” button to connect to the extension.
If you need to enter multiple extensions in one call, you can add a pause or wait between entering each extension. To add a pause, tap the comma (,) button on the keypad. To add a wait, tap the semicolon (;) button.
How to Dial an Extension on Android
1. Begin by dialing the main phone number, again including the area code. Once you connect to the automated answering system or the person, the system prompts you to enter the extension number.
2. Tap on the “add call” button, which will place the call on hold.
3. Look for the “Keypad” or “Dial Pad” button and tap it.
4. Enter the extension number on the keypad and then hit the “Call” button. This will connect you to the chosen extension.
If you need to call multiple extensions, here are two methods you can use:
– Add a pause: Type the main phone number, add a comma (,) followed by the extension number. This will cause the phone to wait a few seconds before dialing the extension. For example, if you dial 111-111-1111 with a pause and then add the extension 1234, you would type: 111-111-1111,1234.
– Use an extension dialer app: Many apps are available on the Google Play Store that make it easy to dial extensions. These apps can store all your frequently dialed numbers and allow you to add pauses or waits between numbers.
It is essential to know how to dial an extension on your smartphone when calling a business or someone who uses an extension. By following these simple steps, you can quickly and easily connect with the individual or department you need to speak with. Both iPhone and Android have slightly different ways of doing this, but they are still incredibly straightforward. So the next time you need to dial an extension, use these methods to save time and hassle.