How to Change the iTunes and App Store Country and What You Need to Know First
If you’re an iOS user, you’re probably familiar with the iTunes and App Store. These stores are your gateway to all the music, apps, and games that you could ever want. But what happens when you move to a new country or want to access content that’s only available in a different region? In that case, you need to change the country associated with your iTunes and App Store account. Here’s everything you need to know.
What You Need to Know First
Before we dive into the steps involved in changing your iTunes and App Store country, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
– Your payment method needs to be valid in the country you want to switch to. This means if you’re moving to a new country or want to access content restricted to a different region, you need a payment method with a billing address in that country. Some payment methods, like international credit cards, may work in multiple countries.
– If you have any content that’s only available in your current country, you won’t be able to access it after switching stores. This includes things like movies or TV shows that are only licensed for certain regions. Make sure to download any content that you want to keep beforehand.
– Some apps may not be available in the country you’re switching to. Keep this in mind if there are specific apps you need for work or personal use.
– You can only change your iTunes and App Store country once every 12 months.
How to Change Your iTunes and App Store Country
Now that you know what to expect, let’s get into the steps to change your iTunes and App Store country.
1. Open the Settings app on your iOS device and tap on your name at the top of the screen.
2. Scroll down and tap on “iTunes & App Store.”
3. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen and select “View Apple ID” from the pop-up menu.
4. Scroll down and tap on “Country/Region.”
5. Tap on “Change Country or Region.”
6. Select the country you want to switch to and agree to the terms and conditions.
7. Enter a valid payment method and billing address for the new country.
8. Verify your new account by entering the verification code sent via email or SMS.
That’s it! Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll be able to access content that’s only available in the new country.