How Do I Place My Worksheet in Google Classroom?
Usually, this question means, how do I put a PDF inside Google Classroom so my learners can write on top of it. Keep in mind that sometimes it is more difficult and not worth the time and energy to digitize a paper worksheet.
Before you attempt to do this, ask yourself:
- Will this worksheet help the learning stick?
- Is this worksheet better than hands-on learning?
- Is this worksheet better than the discussion?
- Is this worksheet better than engaging learners in new ways? — That is why you utilize technology! Not to save paper or digitize your old stuff. Technology is a tool that allows us to develop new learning experiences for learners that were not previously possible.
- Can I instead create a Google Doc with similar information geared towards the same learning goals? Attaching a Google Doc is a much simpler process.
If you still want to upload a worksheet, here are the steps:
- First, you will need to scan your document using a computer scanner. Once you have an image scanned, save it as a PDF onto your computer.
- To add it to your Drive, go to drive.google.com on your browser and click on the “New” button (+ sign in the top left corner).
3. Then choose “File Upload”.
4. Your computer files will pop up. Navigate to the PDF file that you want to add and upload it to your Drive by highlighting it and pressing “Open”. It will immediately start uploading.
5. Sign in to your Google Classroom. You can now add your new PDF document by creating a post on Stream or when creating a new assignment. Just click “Add”, then “Google Drive”, and select your document.