Classic Magic Cookie Bar Recipe – How to Make Magic Cookie Bars
Magic Cookie Bars, also known as Seven Layer Bars or Hello Dolly bars, are a classic and beloved dessert that never goes out of style. With layers of chocolate, coconut, and nuts over a buttery graham cracker crust, these chewy and delicious bars are perfect for any occasion. In this article, we’ll be sharing a simple recipe on how to make these scrumptious Magic Cookie Bars.
– 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
– 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds work well)
– 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a 9×13-inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper or greasing it with butter.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Press this mixture firmly into the bottom of your prepared baking pan, creating an even layer.
3. Sprinkle the shredded coconut evenly over the graham cracker crust, followed by the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
4. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of all the layers, ensuring each ingredient is covered with the milk so that they bind together during baking.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the top is bubbly. Be careful not to over-bake them as they can quickly become too dry.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan. If you’re in a hurry, you can refrigerate them to speed up this process.
7. Once the Magic Cookie Bars are entirely cooled, use a sharp knife or spatula to cut them into squares or bars. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or in the refrigerator for longer storage.
While this is a classic Magic Cookie Bar recipe, feel free to get creative with the fillings! You can swap chocolate chips for butterscotch or white chocolate chips, add peanut butter chips, or use different nuts like macadamia or hazelnuts. You can also try adding colored sprinkles for a festive touch during holidays.
Magic Cookie Bars are an easy-to-make and delicious treat that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. With their delightful combination of textures and flavors, they’re sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and become an instant favorite in your home. So go ahead and try this classic recipe – you won’t be disappointed!