Best Steak & Eggs Recipe – How To Make Steak & Eggs
A classic dish that never goes out of style, steak and eggs, is a perfect meal to indulge in when you’re craving something satisfying and delectable. In this article, we will share the best steak and eggs recipe that can be easily prepared in your home kitchen.
– 2 beef steaks (ribeye or top sirloin)
– 4 large eggs
– 2 tsp olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Optional: fresh herbs for garnish (parsley, chives, or rosemary)
1. Preheat your oven or grill to medium-high heat.
2. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides. You can also add other seasonings of your choice like garlic powder or onion powder, but ensure not to overpower the natural flavor of the beef.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Place the seasoned steaks in the skillet and sear them for roughly 2-3 minutes on each side until they have a beautiful brown crust.
4. Once seared, transfer the steaks to the preheated oven or grill and cook them for about 5 minutes for medium-rare, 7 minutes for medium, or longer depending on your desired level of doneness. If using a grill, make sure that the grates are clean.
5. Remove the steaks from the oven or grill and let them rest for about 3-5 minutes before slicing. This step is essential as it allows the juices within the steak to redistribute evenly throughout.
6. While the steaks are resting, heat another teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until simmering, then gently crack four eggs into it. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks still runny, about 2-3 minutes, unless you prefer a harder yolk consistency.
8. To serve, place each rested steak on a plate and top with two fried eggs. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs of your choice and enjoy your delicious steak and eggs.
This simple yet sumptuous recipe for steak and eggs is sure to impress family members and friends alike, making it an ideal breakfast or brunch option. While this classic combination may be a treat reserved for special occasions, the easy preparation makes it accessible to recreate anytime you’re craving a hearty meal.