Best Mac & Cheese Bun Burgers Recipe – How to Make Mac & Cheese Bun Burgers
A tasty, creative twist on a timeless comfort food classic, the Mac & Cheese Bun Burgers combine two all-time favorites into a mouthwatering masterpiece. Rich, creamy macaroni and cheese is transformed into buns, enveloping a perfectly grilled burger for an unbeatable combination of flavors. Dive into this fantastic recipe and learn how to make your own culinary creation at home.
– 2 cups elbow macaroni
– 4 cups water
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1 cup whole milk
– 1 egg
– 2 tbsp unsalted butter
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 4 hamburger patties (ground beef or turkey)
– Salt and pepper
– Cooking spray
– Your choice of burger toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, etc.)
– Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo)
1. Boil the macaroni in a large pot with water and a pinch of salt for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a separate saucepan over low heat, combine cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, and butter. Stir gently until all the ingredients have melted together into a velvety sauce.
3. Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix until fully coated. Remove from heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
4. Beat an egg in a small bowl and pour it over the macaroni mixture to help bind everything together.
5. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, create eight evenly sized portions of the macaroni and cheese mixture using your hands or an ice cream scoop.
6. Flatten each portion into the shape of a bun and coat both sides of each “bun” with breadcrumbs.
7. Refrigerate the macaroni “buns” for at least 15 minutes to help them firm up.
8. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake the macaroni “buns” for about 25 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
9. While the buns are baking, season your hamburger patties with salt and pepper and cook them on a grill or stovetop until they reach your preferred level of doneness.
10. Assemble your Mac & Cheese Bun Burgers by placing a cooked burger patty between two macaroni “buns”. Add your choice of toppings like lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and condiments to create a delicious, unique burger experience.
And there you have it! You can impress your friends and family with this indulgent crowd-pleasing recipe that redefines comfort food. So, what are you waiting for? Make these incredible Mac & Cheese Bun Burgers today and experience an unforgettable combination of flavors and textures.