Best Frozen Sangria Margarita Recipe: How to Make Sangria
Frozen sangria margaritas are a delightful combination of two popular summer drinks, the sangria and the margarita. Perfect for entertaining guests during warm months, this refreshing concoction boasts vibrant flavors, making it an ideal choice for a backyard barbeque, pool party, or just a lazy summer afternoon. Here is the best frozen sangria margarita recipe that will surely be a hit among your friends and family.
– 1 cup red wine (preferably Spanish)
– 1/4 cup brandy
– 1/4 cup orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
– 1/2 cup orange juice
– 1/2 cup lime juice
– 1/4 cup simple syrup
– 4 cups ice
– 1 cup sliced strawberries
– 1/2 cup chopped apple
– 1/2 cup chopped orange
– Lime wedges for garnish
– Salt or sugar for rimming the glasses
1. Prepare the sangria base: In a pitcher, combine red wine, brandy, orange liqueur, orange juice, lime juice, and simple syrup. Stir well to mix everything together.
2. Add fruits: Add sliced strawberries, chopped apple, and chopped orange to the pitcher. Stir gently to combine.
3. Chill: Refrigerate the sangria for at least 2 hours (or even better – overnight) to allow the flavors to meld together and the fruits to become infused with the wine mixture.
4. Rim the glasses: Before serving, prepare your glassware by running a lime wedge around the rim of each glass. Dip rims into either salt or sugar and set them aside.
5. Blend: Take out your chilled sangria and strain about one-fourth of it into a blender (reserve the fruits in the pitcher). Add 4 cups of ice to the blender and blend until it achieves a smooth, slushy consistency. If your blender is small, you can do this step in two batches.
6. Serve: Pour the frozen sangria margarita mixture into your rimmed glasses. Top each glass with some of the reserved fruits from the pitcher. Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy your refreshing frozen sangria margarita!
Tips for the perfect frozen sangria margarita:
– You can adjust the sweetness of your drink by adding more or less simple syrup, according to your preference.
– Feel free to add other fruits such as mango, pineapple, or raspberries to make this cocktail even more colorful and appetizing.
– For easy simple syrup preparation, mix equal amounts of water and sugar in a saucepan; bring it to a boil and cook just until sugar dissolves. Chill before using.
Serve up this delicious frozen sangria margarita recipe at your next gathering, and watch as your guests rave about its scrumptious taste. Cheers to a delightful summer!