Best Baked Spaghetti Recipe: How to Make Baked Spaghetti Casserole
There is arguably nothing more delicious and comforting than a homemade, savory pasta dish. Among these, one reigns supreme: the baked spaghetti casserole. With its tender pasta, rich marinara sauce, and gooey melted cheese, it is sure to become a favorite recipe in your home. In this article, we’ll delve into the best baked spaghetti recipe so you too can experience the deliciousness of this classic dish.
– 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
– 1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 bell pepper, chopped (optional)
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 24 ounces marinara sauce
– 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes (drained)
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions until it’s just al dente; do not overcook. Drain well and set aside.
3. While the spaghetti cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef or Italian sausage and cook until browned and crumbly, about five minutes. If desired, add in the chopped onion and bell pepper and continue cooking until vegetables are softened.
4. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant. Add marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Bring the sauce to a simmer and allow it to cook for about 10 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
5. In a large bowl, combine cooked spaghetti and meat sauce, ensuring that the spaghetti is evenly coated with sauce. Transfer half of the spaghetti mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
6. Evenly sprinkle one cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese over the spaghetti layer in the baking dish. Add the remaining spaghetti mixture on top of the cheese layer.
7. Top with another cup of mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, creating a cheesy topping for your casserole.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted and slightly golden brown.
Let your baked spaghetti casserole rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy this mouth-watering dish with a crisp side salad or some garlic bread to complete your meal. With such simple ingredients and steps, this satisfying recipe will delight both your taste buds and your family!