The 8 Best Apps for Homeschooling Parents
Homeschooling parents have a lot to keep track of. Besides chores, meals, and social events, they also have to plan learning activities and field trips and keep track of their children’s academic progress.
But there are some great apps that can help! Reap the benefits of homeschooling today.
Here are a few of the best apps for homeschooling parents.
- K12 Timed Reading Practice provides 250 brief, engaging stories. It quickly measures fluency, words per minute, and reading level. The paid version ($3.99) includes reading comprehension questions for each story.
- Common Core Standards. This user-friendly, free app gives easy access to all the Math and Language Arts standards, so you can make sure your kids are meeting them. You can find standards by grade or subject cluster.
- David Wiesner’s “Spot.” This award-winning app inspires a love of the written word by allowing kids to personalize their own journeys from the back of a ladybug. This is the app for you if you’re searching for a creative way to expand young imaginations.
- Super Why! Winner of the Parents’ Choice Award, this app makes it fun for children to master the five key literacy skills: letter identification, letter sounds, rhyming, writing and reading comprehension. The engaging stories and games will help you instill your children with a love of learning.
- Loose Strands. This unique interactive novel introduces your children to the art of storytelling in a way that is sure to engage their interest. They can make choices in the direction of the story to try to protect the main character Roland in his ongoing adventures.
- iPlanLessons. As education becomes increasingly data-driven, record keeping is more necessary than ever. But as a busy homeschooling parent, it can be hard to find the time to do it well. This app effortlessly tracks your children’s progress using Key Performance Indicators and even connects you to relevant lesson plans and classes.
- iLiveMath Animals of Africa. Are you struggling to come up with an engaging and meaningful way to teach kids how to solve word problems? With this app, they can apply their problem-solving skills to the world of African animals in a way that’s relevant and engaging, with real-world connections.
- Sushi Monster Math. This game gives a fun new twist to your math lessons. Children must solve math problems and feed the correct answer to the monster. Answers are represented on a plate of sushi rolls. The game combines elements of strategy and quick mental math.
Homeschooling is a tough job for many reasons. Take advantage of any combination of these great apps to make this job simpler and hopefully more fun too.