What is the Oracle Public Cloud?
As a cloud computing platform, the Oracle Public Cloud offers an array of services that empower businesses, organizations, and individuals alike to build, deploy, and manage applications and infrastructure using the provider’s state-of-the-art servers, storage equipment, and networking components.
Built on a layer of open-source technologies, the Oracle Public Cloud is designed to offer high-level flexibility, reliability, and scalability to meet the varying needs of users from different organizations, industries, and regions. With this platform, users can leverage a range of cloud services that include Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) to enhance their work productivity, efficiency, and security.
One of the defining features of the Oracle Public Cloud is its ability to seamlessly integrate with on-premises IT infrastructure, allowing users to extend their existing IT ecosystems into the cloud without disrupting their enterprise-level operations. This integration also helps users to achieve a hybrid cloud environment that supports a mix of private and public cloud resources, enabling organizations to better manage their data and applications.
The Oracle Public Cloud offers a wide range of services, including but not limited to:
1. Compute: This service enables users to spin up virtual machines (VMs) on-demand for the execution of their applications and workloads. The service includes various VM options, such as bare metal, high-performance computing (HPC), GPU, and standard VMs.
2. Storage: This service provides users with the ability to store, manage, and retrieve data on the cloud. It offers features such as object storage, block storage, and archive storage, ensuring that users can choose the right storage option to meet their specific needs.
3. Networking: This service offers users highly secure and reliable networking services that enable them to connect their Oracle cloud resources seamlessly. This includes features such as virtual cloud networks, load balancers, and DNS.
4. Database: This service provides a highly scalable and reliable database platform that offers high levels of performance, security, and availability, making it ideal for businesses with varying levels of utilization.
5. Applications: This service offers users highly customizable software applications that can be used from the cloud. Customers can choose from a range of applications, including human capital management, customer experience, and enterprise resource planning software.
Advantages of the Oracle Public Cloud
1. Customizable services: The customizable services offered by Oracle’s public cloud provide an effortless way for customers to obtain high-quality services while still having the flexibility to adjust services tailored to their unique needs.
2. Scalability: The Oracle Public Cloud’s scalable nature makes it very helpful for businesses and organizations managing growth. It enables organizations to start with relatively smaller initial investments and then scale up as their requirements grow.
3. Availability and Disaster Recovery: The Oracle Public Cloud is designed with disaster recovery in mind, ensuring that users can access their data at all times. Users can leverage the cloud’s resilient architecture and numerous availability zones to ensure their data is always safe.
4. Security: Oracle Public Cloud is built with cutting-edge security technologies that provide excellent protection for data stored on this platform.