Ways to Remove Yahoo’s Search Engine From Chrome
Are you tired of Yahoo’s search engine taking up valuable space in Google Chrome? Maybe you inadvertently set it as the default search engine and now you want it gone. It’s possible to remove Yahoo’s search engine from Chrome, and there are various methods to do so.
Here are a few of the ways to remove Yahoo’s search engine from Chrome:
1. Change the Default Search Engine
The simplest way to remove Yahoo’s search engine from Chrome is by changing the default search engine. Google is the default search engine for Chrome, but in some instances, users might inadvertently change it to Yahoo. To switch it back to Google, follow these steps:
– Go to the “Settings” option in Chrome by clicking on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
– From there, choose “Search engine” in the left-hand menu.
– Choose “Google” as the default search engine from the list of options given.
– Disable or delete Yahoo’s search engine from the list of search engines (if it’s still there).
2. Remove Yahoo’s Search Engine from Chrome Preferences
To remove Yahoo’s search engine from Chrome Preferences, follow these steps:
– On your Chrome browser, click on the “Chrome” menu button (three dots in the top right-hand corner).
– Click on “Settings” in the dropdown menu.
– Scroll down and click open the “Search engine” category.
– Remove Yahoo from this list, by clicking on the three dots on the right-hand side and press “Remove from list”.
3. Remove a Search Engine Extension
If you installed a search engine extension that includes Yahoo as an option but now you want it removed, you can typically do so by following these steps:
– Launch Chrome browser and click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
– Click on “More tools” and select “Extensions”.
– Find the search engine extension that contains Yahoo and click on the option to remove it.
4. Clear Browsing Data
Clearing the browsing data for Chrome might also help to remove Yahoo’s search engine from the browser. Here’s how to do it:
– Click on the “Chrome” menu button and choose “History.”
– Click on “Clear browsing data” on the left-hand side panel.
– Select the time range (for instance, last hour or from the beginning of time) and the data you want to clear (e.g., browsing history, cookies, cache).
– Click on “Clear data”.