The 16 Best Tarot Decks for Beginners
Tarot reading has been an essential tool of divination, spiritual insight, and self-exploration for centuries. Choosing the right tarot deck is essential for beginners to connect with the cards and start their tarot journey. With a plethora of options available, finding the right deck can be overwhelming. To make this process easier, we have curated a list of the 16 best tarot decks for beginners.
1. Rider-Waite Tarot Deck: The gold standard for many tarot enthusiasts, Rider-Waite is renowned for its simplicity and easy-to-understand symbolism. Designed by Pamela Colman Smith, this deck is perfect for those new to tarot.
2. The Wild Unknown Tarot: Illustrated by Kim Krans, The Wild Unknown deck features evocative animal imagery that encourages deeper insight into the cards’ meanings.
3. The Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot: This variant of the classic Rider-Waite deck has been re-colored with vibrant and radiant hues to make it more visually appealing.
4. The Everyday Tarot: This modern mini deck designed by Brigit Esselmont and Eleanor Grosch features minimalist artwork that lends itself well to daily draws.
5. Shadowscapes Tarot: Stephanie Pui-Mun Law’s artfully illustrated deck draws inspiration from Asian folklore and mythologies. Its dreamy artwork stimulates the intuition of readers.
6. The Light Seer’s Tarot: Created by Chris-Anne Donnelly, this deck embraces themes of light and shadow with its vivid illustrations and inclusive representation.
7. Sun and Moon Tarot: Designer Vanessa Decort blends modern symbols and ancient wisdom in this approachable deck, featuring characters from various cultures and mythologies.
8. Morgan-Greer Tarot: Based on the Rider-Waite system, the Morgan-Greer deck focuses on big, bold imagery while keeping traditional symbolism intact.
9. Modern Witch Tarot: Lisa Sterle’s take on the classic Rider-Waite deck reinterprets the tarot with a contemporary, feminist perspective.
10. The Fountain Tarot: This deck by Jonathan Saiz, Jason Gruhl, and Andi Todaro incorporates dreamy watercolor illustrations that draw beginners into their tarot journey with ease.
11. The Dreaming Way Tarot: Designed by Rome Choi and Kwon Shina, this deck presents quirky and expressive characters that breathe fresh life into traditional tarot meanings.
12. The Cosmic Tarot: Norbert Lösche’s Cosmic Tarot combines modern and ancient archetypes for an accessible tarot experience.
13. The Golden Universal Tarot: Roberto De Angelis reinterprets traditional tarot imagery with luxurious gold foil accents in this visually striking deck.
14. Gaian Tarot: Joanna Powell Colbert’s nature-based deck encourages personal growth and connection to the Earth through its beautiful illustrations and symbolism.
15. Ethereal Visions Illuminated Tarot Deck: With its stunning Art Nouveau-inspired artwork by Matt Hughes, this deck is both visually captivating and incredibly accessible to new readers.
16. The Crystal Visions Tarot: Featuring enchanting fantasy imagery by Jennifer Galasso, this deck connects with the mystical energies of crystals for a unique reading experience.
No matter which tarot deck you choose to begin your journey with, remember that the most important aspect is developing a connection with your cards and tapping into your intuition as you learn their meanings and insights they provide. Happy reading!