The 15 Best Moves to Lose Your Love Handles
1. Russian Twists: Sit on the ground with your knees bent, lean back slightly, and twist from side to side, touching the ground next to your hip each time. This move targets the obliques and helps burn fat in the love handle area.
2. Bicycle Crunches: Lie on your back with your hands behind your head, and alternate touching your opposite elbow to your opposite knee. This exercise works the rectus abdominis and obliques.
3. Side Plank Hip Lifts: Start in a side plank position with your elbow directly below your shoulder. Lower your hips towards the ground, then lift them back up to the starting position. Repeat on both sides.
4. Mountain Climbers: Begin in a high plank position and alternate bringing each knee towards your chest as quickly as possible. This move is great for targeting the love handles while also providing a cardio workout.
5. High Knees: Stand tall with feet hip-width apart, and quickly raise one knee at a time as high as you can while pumping your arms. High knees target the lower abs and obliques while increasing heart rate.
6. Side-to-Side Medicine Ball Slams: Hold a medicine ball and stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Slam the ball to one side of you, pivoting on your feet as you twist your torso. Pick up the ball and repeat on the other side.
7. Windshield Wipers: Lie on your back with legs extended and feet together, arms out to your sides for balance. Slowly lower both legs to one side while keeping them together, then lift them back up and over to the other side.
8. Long Arm Weighted Side Bend: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell or weight plate in both hands above one shoulder. Keep arms extended as you slowly bend sideways at the waist towards the opposite side. Return to the starting position and repeat on both sides.
9. Oblique V Ups: Lie on your side, supporting your head with one hand. Raise your legs and upper body simultaneously, reaching for your ankles with the other hand.
10. Leg Scissor Kicks: Lie on your back with hands under your lower back for support, and alternate lifting and lowering both legs in a scissor-like motion.
11. Plank Walk-Outs: Begin in a high plank position and walk your hands forward as far as you can while maintaining proper form. Walk your hands back to the starting position, engaging the core and obliques throughout the exercise.
12. Woodchoppers: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a medicine ball or dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to swing the weight from one hip to the opposite shoulder in a chopping motion.
13. Hanging Knee Raises: Hang from a pull-up bar, and raise your knees towards your chest while contracting your abs. Slowly lower your legs back down and repeat.
14. Seated Jackknifes: Sit on a bench or chair, holding onto each side for support. Extend legs out straight in front of you, then simultaneously lift them towards your chest while bending at the waist, keeping your back straight.
15. Deadbugs: Lie on your back with arms extended above you and legs bent at 90 degrees. Lower one arm while extending the opposite leg simultaneously, without letting either touch the ground before returning to the starting position.
Remember to combine these exercises with proper nutrition and regular cardiovascular activity for best results in losing those love handles!