How to Update Messages on a Mac
If you’re using a Mac, there are several ways to update your messages app. Updating your messages app is important to ensure that you’re using the latest version of the app, which includes bug fixes, security updates and new features.
Here are the steps to update your Messages app on a Mac:
Option 1: Update through the App Store
1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
2. Click on the “Updates” tab located at the top of the App Store window.
3. Look for an available update for the Messages app.
4. If you see an update available, click the “Update” button next to the Messages app to start the download and installation process.
5. Once the installation is complete, you can launch the Messages app on your Mac.
Option 2: Check for updates through the Messages app
1. Open the Messages app on your Mac.
2. Click on “Messages” located at the top of the screen.
3. Select “Check for Updates” from the drop-down menu.
4. If there is an update available, click the “Update” button to start the download and installation process.
5. Once the update is installed, relaunch the app.
Option 3: Update through the Terminal app
1. Open the Terminal app on your Mac.
2. Type the command “softwareupdate –install –all” (without the quotes) and press enter.
3. Wait for the update process to complete.
4. Once the update is installed, launch the Messages app on your Mac.
In conclusion, updating your messages app on a Mac is a simple process. You can choose to update the app through the App Store, check for updates through the Messages app or update through the Terminal app. It’s important to keep your messages app updated to ensure that you’re using the latest features and security updates.