How to Make iPhone Ringtones on a PC
Creating unique and personalized ringtones for your iPhone can make your phone stand out from the rest. Despite the vast array of ringtones available in the market, sometimes you may want to tailor one just for you. This guide will break down how to make iPhone ringtones on a PC with simple steps and easy-to-use tools.
Step 1: Preparing the Audio File
Firstly, you need to have an audio file or song you want to convert into a ringtone. The audio file should be in MP3 or AAC format. If your desired audio is in another format, use an online converter like Convertio or AudioConverter.com to change it to the required format.
Step 2: Install iTunes
To begin creating your custom ringtone, install iTunes on your PC if you haven’t already. This software is essential for syncing and managing files on your iPhone. You can download it from the Apple website at https://www.apple.com/itunes/
Step 3: Add Your Audio File to iTunes
Open iTunes and import the preferred audio file by clicking on “File” > “Add File to Library.” This will enable you to browse and import any audio you want from your PC.
Step 4: Edit the Audio File in iTunes
The perfect duration for a ringtone is between 20-40 seconds. To trim the audio length, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the imported song in iTunes and select “Get Info.”
2. Go to the “Options” tab.
3. Check both “Start” and “Stop” boxes, and set the time frame you want for the ringtone.
4. Click “OK” to save your edited audio clip.
Step 5: Convert Audio File to AAC Format
After trimming your audio file, convert it into an AAC file format to make it compatible with iPhone ringtones:
1. Right-click on the edited audio and choose “Create AAC Version.”
2. Wait for iTunes to convert the file, and locate the newly-created AAC version in your iTunes library.
Step 6: Transfer Converted File to Desktop
Transfer your AAC formatted audio clip from the iTunes library to your desktop:
1. Right-click on the converted audio file in iTunes.
2. Select “Show in Windows Explorer” or “Show in Folder”
3. Drag and drop the file onto your desktop.
Step 7: Change File Extension
To finalize creating your iPhone ringtone, change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r:
1. On your desktop, right-click on the copied audio file.
2. Click “Rename” and change the file extension to .m4r
Step 8: Add File Back into iTunes
Double-click on the .m4r ringtone file, and it will automatically be added to your Tones library within iTunes.
Step 9: Sync Custom Ringtone with Your iPhone
To transfer the custom ringtone to your iPhone:
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable.
2. Open iTunes and select your iPhone device.
3. Click on “Tones” under “On My Device” in the sidebar.
4. Drag and drop the custom ringtone from your Tones library onto your iPhone icon.
Now you have successfully created and transferred a custom iPhone ringtone using a PC! Just go to your iPhone settings, choose Sound & Haptics, select Ringtone, and pick your brand-new personalized ringtone. Enjoy!