How to Grow a Mustache: 11 Steps
Growing a mustache can be a fun and stylish way to change your appearance, but it might seem like a daunting task for those who have never tried it before. With time, patience, and these 11 steps, you’ll find yourself on your way to sporting a fantastic mustache.
1. Set Your Goal: Before starting the process, determine what kind of mustache style you’d like to have. This will help you stay motivated throughout the growth process and make it easier to shape and maintain your mustache once it’s grown.
2. Be Patient: Growing a mustache takes time and patience. Depending on your genetics, it may take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for your mustache to fully grow in.
3. Stop Shaving: The first and most obvious step in growing your mustache is to stop shaving your upper lip. Give yourself at least 4-6 weeks of growth before trimming or shaping to ensure you have enough hair to work with.
4. Maintain Cleanliness: As your facial hair grows in, make sure you’re taking care of your skin underneath by regularly washing your face with gentle cleansers and exfoliating every few days.
5. Nourish Your Hair: Encourage healthy hair growth by consuming foods rich in protein, vitamins A, C, E, B vitamins, and minerals like iron and magnesium. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water as well.
6. Apply Beard Oil: Nourish the growing hairs with beard oil or coconut oil to keep them soft and moisturized, reducing itchiness during the growing process.
7. Comb Regularly: Using a small comb designed for facial hair will help train the hairs to grow in the desired direction while also detangling any unruly strands.
8. Deal with Patchiness: If you’re dealing with some patchy growth areas, be patient – often, patchiness will improve over time as the hairs grow longer. Alternatively, you can opt to style your mustache to mask the patchy areas.
9. Trim and Shape: Once you’ve grown enough hair, it’s time to start shaping your mustache. Using a small pair of barber scissors or an electric trimmer with a guard attachment, begin giving shape to your mustache based on your desired style.
10. Use Styling Products: Depending on the style you’ve chosen, products like mustache wax or pomade may be helpful in maintaining your look. Only use a small amount to avoid weighing down your facial hair or making it greasy.
11. Maintain the Look: After achieving your desired mustache style, keep up with regular trims and shaping sessions to maintain its appearance. This will help you ensure that your mustache continues looking as good as possible.
And there you have it – 11 steps to successfully grow and maintain a stylish mustache! Remember that patience is key throughout this process, and don’t hesitate to experiment with different styles during your journey towards facial hair mastery.