How to Do a Layered Haircut: 12 Steps
A layered haircut is a popular hairstyle that adds depth and movement to your hair. It works well for different hair lengths and textures. With practice and the right tools, you can give yourself or someone else a layered haircut at home. Follow these 12 steps to achieve a professional-looking layered haircut.
1. Gather your tools: To do a layered haircut, you’ll need a comb, a pair of sharp scissors, a spray bottle with water, and hair clips to hold sections of hair in place.
2. Clean and dry your hair: Wash your hair thoroughly and allow it to air dry or use a blow dryer. Hair should be clean and free of tangles before beginning.
3. Decide on the length: Determine the desired length for your layers. Remember that the shortest layer frames the face, while the longest layer forms the outermost part of the haircut.
4. Section the hair: Divide your hair into four sections using your comb – front left, front right, back left, and back right. Secure each section using hair clips.
5. Start with the front sections: Release one of the front sections from the clip. Comb through it to ensure it’s tangle-free.
6. Cut the first layer: Hold the section at a 90-degree angle from your head and use your fingers as a guide to where you want the first layer to start. Then, carefully trim along that line using sharp scissors.
7. Match layers on the other side: Repeat step 6 on the other front section, making sure to match up both sides evenly.
8. Begin cutting back sections: Release one of the back sections from its clip and follow steps 5-7 for each back section as guiding sections to make it consistent with layers in front sections.
9. Blend all layers together: Comb through all four sections again to ensure that the layers flow smoothly into one another. Make any necessary adjustments.
10. Add additional layers if desired: If you want more layers, follow the same cutting technique, starting from the new layer closest to your face and working upwards towards the crown of your head.
11. Check your work: Use a mirror to examine all angles of your haircut, ensuring that all layers are balanced and uniform.
12. Style as desired: Finish with styling products or tools to achieve your desired look. Now you’ve got a professional-looking layered haircut at home!
A layered haircut can add depth, dimension, and movement to your hairstyle. By following these 12 steps, you can achieve a professional-looking layered haircut from the comfort of your home. Practice and patience will help you perfect this technique!