How to Change the Default Browser in Windows 11
Windows 11 is the latest operating system from Microsoft and comes with several new features and improvements. However, one thing that many users might want to change is the default browser. By default, Windows 11 sets Microsoft Edge as the default browser. But, if you prefer using another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera, then you can easily change the default browser. In this article, we will discuss how to change the default browser in Windows 11.
1. Start by opening the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC. You can do this by clicking on the Start menu (Windows icon) and then clicking on the gear icon.
2. In the Settings app, click on the “Apps” icon.
3. Then, click on the “Default apps” option on the left sidebar.
4. Scroll down until you see the “Web browser” option. Here, you will see the current default web browser.
5. Click on the current default browser, and you will see a list of all the installed browsers on your PC. Choose the one you want to set as the default browser.
6. Once you have selected the browser, it will be set as the new default browser. You can now close the Settings app.
7. If you open any web link now, it will open in the new default browser.
Changing the default browser in Windows 11 is straightforward and doesn’t take much time. However, it is worth noting that some applications might still open links in the previous default browser. To prevent this, you might need to change the default browser within the app’s settings.
In conclusion, changing the default browser in Windows 11 is quite simple and can be done within a few clicks. It is a great way to customize your experience and use the browser you prefer.