8 Must-Have Artificial Intelligence Apps and Tools
Is your teaching about to be disrupted?
The answer is yes, it definitely is! But in a good way.
The emergence of artificial intelligence (AI) technology is transforming every aspect of education, from curriculum development all the way to assessment.
Do you want to bring some of these cutting-edge advances to your own classroom, but you’re not sure how to do it?
Here are eight AI tools and apps that are well worth the necessary learning curve.
- Content Technologies, Inc. This company customizes textbooks to personalize the learning process better. Cram101 transforms a textbook into a concise study guide, and JusttheFacts101 generates summaries on-the-spot.
- Mika. A personalized virtual tutor adapts easily to student needs and provides immediate feedback to help them learn. This app has saved educational institutions millions of dollars on remedial classes.
- Third Space Learning. This platform pairs struggling math students with a one-on-one math specialist to tutor them. Students get one personalized 45-minute session per week in their own online classroom. Classroom teachers are kept informed through frequent formative and summative reports.
- Thinkster Math. As its name implies, this app not only fosters math but critical thinking skills too. Math tutors become “coaches” in connecting skills to real life. The app tracks students in how they arrived at their answers, offering an unprecedented opportunity for targeted feedback and improvement.
- iTalk2Learn. This open-source math tutoring app features revolutionary innovations like an adaptive sequencer (which recommends lessons based on the student’s ability) and voice recognition (which learns to pick up cues about the student’s behavior).
- Front Row. The app automatically generates lessons for each student in Math, ELA, Social Studies or Science. Students can work at their own levels, and the app builds reports on their progress.
- SmartEd. This app allows you to easily customize textbook content and other learning materials to your students’ learning styles and needs and provides a platform for real-time collaboration between teachers and students. It’s gamification features make it easy for you to put your content in a fun and engaging format.
- Brainly. This unique social learning platform connects students from all over the world, enabling them to explore questions and concepts together. The site has over 80 million users from 35 countries, opening up limitless opportunities to connect with other learners.
Dare to incorporate one of these AI technologies in your classroom, and you will find that any one of them can make the teaching and learning experience far more productive than you ever dreamed.