4 Ways to Rotate a Video
Rotating a video is an essential editing task that can sometimes save the day. Have you ever shot video upside down or sideways by mistake? Don’t despair! There are many ways to correct this issue. In this article, we will discuss four methods to rotate a video and get it back on track.
1. Using Built-in Software on Your Computer
Most operating systems come with pre-installed software that allows for basic video editing, including rotation. Here’s how:
– On Windows, open the Photos app, click on the “Edit & Create” button at the top, and choose “Edit.” From there, you’ll see the option to rotate your video.
– On macOS, open your video in QuickTime Player. In the menu bar, select “Edit” followed by “Rotate Left” or “Rotate Right.”
2. Editing with Smartphone Apps
Smartphone users have a wide range of apps available for video editing. Here are two popular ones:
– For Android users, Google Photos has a rotation feature. After you’ve opened Google Photos and selected your video, tap on the edit icon (a pencil) at the bottom of the screen and then tap on “Rotate.”
– For iOS users, iMovie is a great option. Open iMovie and create a new project with your video clip. Select your video and use the rotate feature in the app’s toolbar.
3. Rotate Videos Online with Web-based Tools
Web-based tools like Clideo’s Rotate Video Tool and Kapwing are user-friendly options that don’t require any software installation. Simply upload your videos to their website, choose your desired rotation, and download the rotated version.
4. Professional Video Editing Software
For more advanced users looking for additional features beyond rotation, professional video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro might be beneficial. Import your video into a new project, select the clip on the timeline, and use the rotation tool in the program’s editing panel.
With a plethora of available methods ranging from built-in software to professional video editing programs, there is no need to worry if your video is recorded in the wrong orientation. Pick one of the four methods mentioned above to rotate your video effortlessly and get it looking perfect once again.