A luscious and delectable dessert that is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your guests is the blueberry cheesecake. This culinary delight boasts a sweet, creamy and tangy filling that pairs beautifully with the tartness of blueberries. In this article, we outline the best blueberry cheesecake recipe that is easy to follow and sure to result in a lip-smacking, unforgettable dessert.
For the crust:
– 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1/3 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
– 4 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 4 large eggs
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1/3 cup heavy cream
For the blueberry topping:
– 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1/4 cup water
– Juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C) and lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well until crumbs are evenly coated with butter.
3. Press the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
4. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes, then set aside while preparing the filling.
1. In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth using an electric mixer on low speed.
2. Add sugar and vanilla extract; mix until fully incorporated.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition, and ensuring each egg is fully mixed before adding the next one.
4. Stir in sour cream and heavy cream, mixing well to ensure a smooth consistency.
5. Pour filling over the prepared crust in the springform pan.
1. Wrap the bottom of the springform pan with aluminium foil to prevent water from seeping in and place it on a larger baking sheet.
2. Fill the larger baking sheet with warm water, ensuring it reaches halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
3. Bake cheesecake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until slightly jiggly in the center.
4. Turn off oven heat, leave oven door slightly open, and let the cheesecake cool inside for 1 hour.
5. After cooling, remove from oven and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
1. In a saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, water, and lemon juice over medium heat.
2. Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to thicken (about 5-7 minutes).
3. Let it cool to room temperature.
1. Once cheesecake is completely chilled and topping has cooled, pour blueberry topping over the top of your cheesecake.
2. Slice and serve.
This best blueberry cheesecake recipe highlights the perfect balance between sweet and tangy flavors while featuring creamy textures that will surely astonish your guests. With just a few simple steps and carefully chosen ingredients, you can prepare this mouthwatering dessert yourself and present this delightful treat at your next gathering or simply indulge in it whenever you crave a decadent treat!