The Tech Edvocate’s List of 11 School Communication Apps, Tools & Resources
In today’s social climate, waiting for even a couple of hours to receive a return email can be considered rude. Add in the fact that parents and students want to continue discussions long after school hours are over, can make it difficult for teachers to keep up with the constant need for communication. Luckily, technology can help solve some of the vast problems it causes. Below are 11 of the best school communication apps, both for phone or computer, which can help you keep in contact with your students and their parents quickly and efficiently.
- ClassTag– ClassTag is a cloud-based app that helps schools engage parents in their community and improve the quality of family support in education.
- ParentSquare– Multipurpose communication tool promotes parent involvement.
- Athena’s Workshop– Texting platform for students, parents; has additional classroom features.
- ClassPager– Send basic text reminders and surveys to students’ cell phones.
- MURAL– Message boards that help kids collaborate.
- Engrade – Bring all of the stakeholders in education together.
- Goalbook – Allows all of the stakeholders in education to collaborate.
- tGlogser – A must have multimedia system for educational stakeholders.
- Celly – An app to tries to perfect school communication.
- Edmodo– Platform that facilitates communication between educational stakeholders.
- Remind– Is a free way to instantly text students and parents from your phone.
Did we miss any?